Monday, April 22, 2013

KCW Day 1

Yay! Kid's Clothes Week is here.  I have been a bit of a slack sewing mum and the only thing I have made for Imogen is my sewing dare dress.  That's pretty bad considering she is 6 months old already!  So when I saw Kid's Clothes Week was coming up I started planning and this week is all about sewing for Imogen.  Hopefully at the end of the week she will have 7 new mummy made outfits in her wardrobe.

kids clothes week elsie marley day one spring 2013 orange floral bubble romper kids clothes week elsie marley day one spring 2013 orange floral bubble romper

For day one I have made her a super cute little romper.  I used this tutorial and some japanese cotton lawn from Spotlight.  I picked this lawn up on sale for $8 a metre and this romper only used about half of it.  So this romper only cost me $4!  What a bargain!!!  It was also super fast to make.  It only took me an hour of sewing time to pull it together.  I love how fast kid's clothes are to make. They are the ultimate instant gratification project.

kids clothes week elsie marley day one spring 2013 orange floral bubble romper kids clothes week elsie marley day one spring 2013 orange floral bubble romper

In the spirit of full disclosure I did make a bit of a boo boo with this romper.  You see I forgot to add seam allowances in before I cut the pattern pieces.  So while it does fit it isn't going to fit for long and it also isn't as baggy and it's meant to be.  But that is ok because it is a learning experience! I am hoping to make a few more of these for Imogen for winter.  Since it is still warm in our neck of the woods I made this one into shorts but I think a few in a longer length and warmer material will be perfect for winter.  Hopefully tomorrows sewing efforts turn out just as cute!

4 comments:

  1. Nawwww! This is ridiculously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable in her new one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek, these are soooo cute!! Don't worry about it being too small for her soon, I'm sure there are plenty of other little girls you could pass them on to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's such a happy little girl, probably because she's bedecked in such pretty fabric :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx